Tons of Movies
I have seen a ton of movies recently, in whole or in part. This is what happens in the summer, my movie load somehow increases. Most of these have been, of course, on DVD.
So, instead of doing a bunch of DVD one-minute-reviews (I try to reserve these for films in the theaters, or at worst very recent DVD releases), I will give you a list of what I've seen, along with tiny reviews. These are in order from best to least.
- Citizen Kane: amazing, majestic, heart-breaking
- Annie Hall: hysterical, brilliant, perfect
- Raiders of the Lost Ark: truly a great and fun film
- The Usual Suspects: a flawed but super-cool film
- Miller's Crossing: what a great film, catch up with it soon.
- Manhattan: funny, charming, made me miss New York
- Iron Man: best summer film of 2008 so far
- The Incredible Hulk (2008): fun, worth-seeing
- Kung Fu Panda: much better than expected, check it out.
- Before the Devil Knows Your Dead: dark, flawed but worth seeing
- Summer Stock: great pieces, but that is one sad Judy Garland
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom: not great, but not as bad as I remember
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: a major disappointment, after the first 20 minutes.
- Point of No Return: not so good, but it has its moments.
- Arsenic and Old Lace (1944): does not hold up
- Indiscreet (1958): a throw-away piece, over-rated
- Vanity Fair (2004): boring, irritating, don't bother